Friday, May 10, 2013

Baking with Nectresse

As part of the Influenster Sugar and Spice VoxBox challenge, I was invited to try baking some of my favorites using Nectresse sweetener. I figured this was a perfect time to recreate one of my all time almost guilt free recipes, The Double Chocolate Flourless Muffin.

What a perfect recipe to use a sugar substitute! 

With Nectresse, the trick is to use 1/4 the amount when substituting for sugar. This recipe calls for 1 cup sugar, so I only used 1/4 cup of Nectresse. With less solid ingredients in the  recipe now, I had to be careful when adding my wet so the consistency would be the same. I added the water last, and found I didn't quite use the entire amount.

While baking they smelled delicious! I pulled them out, let them cool and then we tried them. My kids couldn't taste a difference and I don't think I really noticed one either!

Here is a link to the orginal recipe. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment